- Italian: sottomultiplo
In mathematics, a multiple of an integer is the product of that integer with another integer. In other words, a is a multiple of b if a=nb, where n is an integer. If b is not zero, this is equivalent to saying that a/b is an integer.
- 14, 49, and 21 are multiples of 7 whereas 3, 15, and 20 are not.
- Every number is a multiple of itself (b=1\cdot b ).
- 0 is a multiple of every integer (0=0\cdot b ).
- A multiple of a number is obtained by multiplying the number by any natural number.
- If a and b are multiples of x, then a+b, a-b and ab are multiples of x.
- For any integer p > 1, (p-1)!+1 is a multiple of p if and only if p is a prime number (Wilson's theorem).
submultiple in Bulgarian: Кратно
submultiple in Spanish: Múltiplo
submultiple in Hungarian: Szorzás
submultiple in Korean: 배수
submultiple in Japanese: 倍数
submultiple in Polish: Wielokrotność
submultiple in Swedish: Multipel